I updated the main post; which archived the latest comments. This wasn't my intention, and I'm not sure how to get them back. The comments are not totally lost though. You can view the old posts by clicking on the "Happy New Year" link,on the right margin.
I'm very glad that you're excited about the Candy Company! It's such a fun project. I'm eager to find out what the company members decide to do with the profit. I'm also looking forward to hiring company members for the jobs.
Maya~ How was the birthday party for your cousins? It's so cool that your cousins are exactly two years apart as well! Do you play tennis?
Thanks Koala Class! We will celebrate Australia Day in our classroom next week! We will share pictures, games, and activities that relate to Australia. We know nothing at all about this day (including Mrs. Becerra), so we are all excited to learn more! We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer break before schools starts!
We are just about to depart for an early BBQ breakfast at Gordan Falls Leura with friends. The day is clear and the temperature expected to climb today to 30 . Tonight I am going to an Aussie BBQ at Rotary . I am reciting Dorethea Mackellar's famous poem as an item :
I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains. I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror - The wide brown land for me!
My name is Mr Wayne Evans and I am Mia Brischetto's Year 2 teacher in 2011 at St Canice's Primary School, Katoomba, New South Wales, Australia. I have enjoyed reading about and seeing photos of Mia's adventure in the USA. We started school 2 weeks ago and this term will be learning about the post office. To help us understand how the post office works we would like to send letters to the students of Mrs Becerra's class. If this is possible please send me an email to year2katoomba@gmail.com Looking forward to hearing from you. Mr Evans
Hi Melissa, We are still reading your website and blogsite. Wayne's class would like to write to you. Year One students will continue to send emails to you from time to time. We are enjoying the connection ! Viv
Hi Mr. Evans, Mrs. Byrnes and Australian Students,
We like your blog posts! We would like for you to send us letters. We would still like to communicate with Mrs. Byrnes' class. We'll chat more soon. We are getting ready for our Valentine's Day party.
I updated the main post; which archived the latest comments. This wasn't my intention, and I'm not sure how to get them back. The comments are not totally lost though. You can view the old posts by clicking on the "Happy New Year" link,on the right margin.
ReplyDeleteThomas and Joe~
ReplyDeleteI'm very glad that you're excited about the Candy Company! It's such a fun project. I'm eager to find out what the company members decide to do with the profit. I'm also looking forward to hiring company members for the jobs.
Maya~ How was the birthday party for your cousins? It's so cool that your cousins are exactly two years apart as well! Do you play tennis?
Hi, Next week is Australia Day. You may like to see some information on this site
ReplyDeletehttp://www.australiaday.org.au/experience/
There are fun Kids activities, puzzles and games about Australia.
On Australia Day we come together as a nation to celebrate what's great about Australia and being Australian.
Koala Class
Thanks Koala Class! We will celebrate Australia Day in our classroom next week! We will share pictures, games, and activities that relate to Australia. We know nothing at all about this day (including Mrs. Becerra), so we are all excited to learn more! We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer break before schools starts!
ReplyDeleteBye,
Mrs. Becerra's Class
--From: Mrs. Byrnes------------------------
ReplyDeleteHi,
We are just about to depart for an early BBQ breakfast at Gordan Falls Leura with friends. The day is clear and the temperature expected to climb today to 30 . Tonight I am going to an Aussie BBQ at Rotary . I am reciting Dorethea Mackellar's famous poem as an item :
I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains. I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror - The wide brown land for me!
Happy Australia Day !
Mrs. Byrnes
G'day Mrs Becerra and 2nd Class,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Mr Wayne Evans and I am Mia Brischetto's Year 2 teacher in 2011 at St Canice's Primary School, Katoomba, New South Wales, Australia. I have enjoyed reading about and seeing photos of Mia's adventure in the USA. We started school 2 weeks ago and this term will be learning about the post office. To help us understand how the post office works we would like to send letters to the students of Mrs Becerra's class. If this is possible please send me an email to year2katoomba@gmail.com Looking forward to hearing from you.
Mr Evans
Hi Melissa, We are still reading your website and blogsite. Wayne's class would like to write to you. Year One students will continue to send emails to you from time to time. We are enjoying the connection ! Viv
ReplyDeleteHi Mr. Evans, Mrs. Byrnes and Australian Students,
ReplyDeleteWe like your blog posts! We would like for you to send us letters. We would still like to communicate with Mrs. Byrnes' class. We'll chat more soon. We are getting ready for our Valentine's Day party.
Love,
Mrs. Becerra's Class